Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,473
There are 2897 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

So xhtml2 is dead. Now what?

Thread title: So xhtml2 is dead. Now what?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-06-2009, 10:03 PM
noxxten is offline noxxten
Software:

noxxten is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by RaZoR^ View Post
If you want to use XML and HTML, then use XHTML. Because browsers generally have a more lightweight XML rendering engine, I suppose you could claim a tiny advantage in page rendering times too, but this assumes that you server the document as XML, not text/html.

Absolutely nothing wrong with using HTML4 though, providing you keep to best practices (properly nesting of elements, no self-containing attributes etc) to keep things smooth.

HTML5 looks very promising though; the only downside might be compatibility; how well will IE6 handle it?
IE6 is actually disappearing in the market share world . As of now it has under 10% market share. So by the time HTML5 actually becomes a standard I think we'll all be nagging about IE7's inability to function properly lol. I always properly nest tags and follow good practices with any code I write anyway, so all the code is usually the same. Would it be correct to use strong and em instead of b and i with html4 strict? I assume so, but feel that I should double check.