Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,473
There are 3726 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

First time hiring a freelancer and really doesn't seem to be going well

Thread title: First time hiring a freelancer and really doesn't seem to be going well

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-05-2012, 05:09 PM
gibbajabba is offline gibbajabba
Software:

gibbajabba is on a distinguished road

Old  First time hiring a freelancer and really doesn't seem to be going well

First off hi people!

I recently hired a team on freelancer who have good feedback on there to build me a adult website.I had a few issues to start with because when i made a bank transfer to add my funds the bank sent it to the wrong account number and it got returned,this delayed getting started for almost 2 weeks.During the 2 weeks the user kept good communication and seemed eager to start,once i'd finally got the payment sorted on a friday he sent me a message asking me to get the milestone payment done because he wanted to get started so i got the milestone setup straight away and then he messaged me back saying he would start on the next working day.This instantly made me wary because he had just rushed me into setting the payment up saying he wanted to get started and then replied back with i'll start on monday,not a real big deal i know but enough to make me unsure of him.

So on Monday they start,i have a reference site that i sent them that i'd like mine similar to and i sent them that along with details of what i'd like.Anyway to cut things short it's now been almost 2 weeks and in that time i've had less communication than before the project started,i'm lucky if i get a reply to my email and he doesn't listen to what i asked for.The website has barely changed since the second day and it's got the copywrite ect of the reference site on it and even a simple thing like having thumnailed categories laid out in rows of 4 has not been done.I wanted a simple little logo with 2 hands on it and the logo had 2 feet instead of hands.I mailed him yesterday about the logo and the thumbnail layout and have heard nothing and nothings changed.He has added a paypal payment on the page which i didn't ask for and i can't even use paypal on a adult site.

He sent me a email a couple of days ago saying he had completed one of the features i asked for a gave me the link so i had a look and it didn't even work.I keep thinking i should give him the benefit of the doubt as this is the first time i've used a freelancer and how they build the site is not something i know a great deal about but i have had a little mess around on wordpress which is what it's being built on and it looks like it wouldn't take to long to knock together what he has done in 2 weeks! I keep saying to myself i should wait until the half way milestone and maybe it will have all came together by then but i have big doubts.What do you guys make of all this? Any advice would be appreciated.