Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,473
There are 3666 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Never Gonna Give You Up

Thread title: Never Gonna Give You Up
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
04-08-2009, 02:31 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

I thought it was funny myself actually. "Never Gonna Give You Up", it kind of goes both ways. It appears that Big Zee is "Never gonna give you(Talkfreelance.com) up" to someone that could actually be a good Admin and be around all the time. And then the general members, that are always finding themselves here everyday. They're never gonna give up on being here, because there's an attraction to it.

IMHO, I kinda agree with most earlier in the thread, start new. Members will follow if they're really wanting to do it. However, I don't really see that happening, because TFL is already established, their post counts are established, iTraders are established and so forth. Starting all over again, would be a killer and a lot of work in general.

Of course, posting new posts can always be fun, and getting iTraders back is probably not hard either, however, if you have 10 PLUS iTraders here, you'll have to sell your arse off again to get those iTraders back again. Although, it's not about THAT. It's about members and folks willing to dive into something new, fresh, and willing to take that huge leap of starting new and over again. And also giving up on Talkfreelance.com FOR that new start and new forum.

It would be hard, but with like what just had happened. Before anyone really realized it, the forums were down and couldn't be accessed. And in general real life, anything you own, rent, lease and what-not, could be taken in seconds. And everyone would be paddling up a creek without the paddle. All this ranting about Zee all the time, I'm surprised things weren't just deleted and removed within seconds by Zee himself already.

Either way, it would suck if people were in the middle of doing sales, sale threads or helping people, when the forums are instantly taken down and removed. Poof, gone! It could happen, you never know. I support the moderators and their decisions and such. If you do wrong, pay the price. If you do right, that's even better. It's a community of real life folks, coexisting here and at same time, trying to make some money when they can. But it's also about the "respect" in general.

If you show some, you'll get some in return. If not, then you won't. It's what makes TFL different than other crappy boards around the net. I think as a community, there needs to be a vote going or what-not, on how dedicated they really would be for starting something new. And actually following through with making the new community board flow and survive. However, I don't see that happening, because why do more work when you don't have too?

Starting over again is going to be a lot of work, and most really don't want to do all that again. I'm sure most feel that what they've done here, is good enough. They've all established themselves here, everyone else is joining and loving it too. It would be awesome if Zee came in here one day, and said... "Here, whoever wants this place, here's what I'll take for it." Then it's a done deal. But, I'm not sure when that will happen though. But remember, nothing lasts forever. So, again, I'd take votes on possibly starting something new... and see how many would be willing to follow...

Either way, it's a gamble. So, anyone up for gambling tonight?

P.S. Yeah, I wrote a book again. Time to call a publisher and try marketing it and etc etc. LOL!

04-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Jabster is offline Jabster
Software:

Jabster is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Jabster

Old

I thought it was funny. Lucky you chickened out or else TF could have been down for months.

P.S. In opposition to spencerp, my comment will be published on the side of a pen

04-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by -Gary View Post
Personally I don't see Zee as at fault at all.

Yeah, he doesn't pay much attention to the place. But it's clearly on autopilot, so he doesn't need nor is he obliged to do anything with the site.
Yeah I agree... sorry guys but what is it you want Big Zee to do exactly? We have a working forum, with members (most with a passion for TFL). Surely that's all we need? The reason the forum is deteriorating is because everyone's popping in to see if Big Zee's checked in, but for what? I personally think Big Zee is an excuse. We've got everything we need here so why can't we just get on, be more positive and stop worrying about Big Zee, because until we do, we will never revive the forum.

Just look at it like this... let's assume that Big Zee is NEVER coming back. Now, we have to go on our own way about it. If we follow a strategy like this, we can allow ourselves to be more forward thinking, but what everyone seems to be doing now is very inward, immobile thinking.

To summarise: We don't need Big Zee, we need to stop thinking we need Big Zee. When we do this, we can begin a full revival of the forum.

That's my view anyway.

04-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Sahil is offline Sahil
Expertise:
Software:

Sahil is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Sahil Send a message via MSN to Sahil

Old

I agree fully with you. Unfortunately, it's hard to be motivated when the owner isn't. Similar to a company where the CEO isn't passionate: neither are the employees.

Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Yeah I agree... sorry guys but what is it you want Big Zee to do exactly? We have a working forum, with members (most with a passion for TFL). Surely that's all we need? The reason the forum is deteriorating is because everyone's popping in to see if Big Zee's checked in, but for what? I personally think Big Zee is an excuse. We've got everything we need here so why can't we just get on, be more positive and stop worrying about Big Zee, because until we do, we will never revive the forum.

Just look at it like this... let's assume that Big Zee is NEVER coming back. Now, we have to go on our own way about it. If we follow a strategy like this, we can allow ourselves to be more forward thinking, but what everyone seems to be doing now is very inward, immobile thinking.

To summarise: We don't need Big Zee, we need to stop thinking we need Big Zee. When we do this, we can begin a full revival of the forum.

That's my view anyway.

04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I agree fully with you. Unfortunately, it's hard to be motivated when the owner isn't. Similar to a company where the CEO isn't passionate: neither are the employees.
I think everyone's motivated to bring the soul back into the forum, because let's be frank, people keep coming back to this place for a reason and that's because there's an underlying spirit this site has that everyone has loved. At the moment that spirit is being buried. All the people blaming Big Zee, who shouldn't really be used as an excuse to blame, are further burying the "TFL good spirit".

04-08-2009, 03:03 PM
nomatch is offline nomatch
Software:

nomatch is on a distinguished road

Old

But as Salathe said in the OP - what motivation is there for him to work hard on the forum, when he has many other things to do? Who would put in 100% to this forum if they don't own it, I'd bet the answer is no-one.

04-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by textz View Post
But as Salathe said in the OP - what motivation is there for him to work hard on the forum, when he has many other things to do? Who would put in 100% to this forum if they don't own it, I'd bet the answer is no-one.
The same motivation he has for taking the site down to get Big Zee to notice and for continuing to update the forum? But yeah I know, easier said than done.

04-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old

it makes me pretty sad, are you guys getting paid to work for talkfreelance? I think all that Big Zee cares about is his adsense checks. Put your own up untill he notices. You guys deserve most of the cash, you're doing free work and he isn't in contact. That can't last forever, he needs to recognise the fact and either sell it, give it to one of the admins or simply be more active.

04-10-2009, 07:26 PM
AndyR is offline AndyR
Expertise:
Software:

AndyR is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to AndyR

Old

All in favour of replacing the ads with the mods adsense say "I"

04-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

I for Illegal. Ethical or not, this is Zee's website and he is entitled to his ads. To remove them would be to cause damages (financial loss) and therefore illegal.

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >